Hair: Mirza Batanovic and Neil Smith for Eufora International / Makeup: Emila Adamkiewicz / Photo: Mark Short Anticipating the end of summer AND the end to pandemic lockdown, Eufora Style Director, Mirza Batanovic recently lopped off his own curly locks, which inspired him to share his thoughts on Killer Curl Must Haves. After all, if you’ve got ‘em, why not flaunt ‘em.
1. A “Killer Cut” The haircut is the single most important component when it comes to making the most of natural curls and texture. Curls have to be cut to bounce and form correctly, and ideally curly girls should seek out a stylist who specializes in creating that perfect shape for their own unique texture. Pre-pandemic, Mirza and Eufora UK Style Director Neil Smith pooled their talents to capture some exceptionally streetwise curly looks right outside the Eufora Studio Salon in NYC. Check out their favorites below.
2. The Right Tools No, it’s not just a wide tooth comb! Curly girls know that a microfiber towel will help reduce frizz if you blot with it instead of rubbing hair dry with a regular towel when you step out of the shower. The microfiber pulls out moisture without roughing up the cuticle of the hair - reducing the chance for frizz. Added bonus? A good microfiber towel can pull double duty as a great make up remover!
3. Curl Enhancers If you want to bring up curl pattern and get those curls to bounce back to life, Curl’n Perfect Curl Activator should be every curly humans “go to” product (yes, guys need curl care too). Make it the first thing you use after shower or shampoo, and then keep a small refill size in gym bag or hand bag. It is a great way to refresh curls, and even helps to eliminate any potential post-workout odor! For stylists, it works as a cutting tool, encouraging the cut to form weightlessly. A fabulously multi-functional product; no wonder it’s a Eufora top seller!!!
4. Style Design Options Everyone’s curl pattern is unique but can be altered a bit when wet. How you set your curl is important to how it will dry and style. When you want a big, curly bounce, use Curl’n Curl Defining Solution to accentuate natural pattern without weight. EuforaStyle Forming Cream is great to get the curls to “drop” a bit and not expand as much. Once you pick the product, then it’s up to you to design a look. Mirza suggests trying these two simple techniques: • Loop curls in 1” inch sections around your finger, and then lightly spray with EuforaStyle Firm Mist to hold shape. • Wrap longer curls with bendy rods and allow to dry for super defined curl pattern.
5. Oils Oils can be helpful, so long as they’re not too heavy. For fantastic frizz control Mirza uses Smooth’n Oil Therapy because it can be used on wet or dry hair – the perfect solution for 2nd or 3rd day hair when it starts to frizz up. Just remember... a little goes a long way!